Friday, November 11, 2005

Confession party @ Zouk

I received an invitation to exclusive launch of the new Madonna album event at Zouk Club by starhub. This is my first time to get such luck to get into free entry to any club by my own. Usually, I got such invitations from friends.

I call David to accompany me to attend the event since he has not been visiting zouk for a long time. I am also quite curious about the revamp that cost millions.It is free.

I meet David at Tiong Bahru Plaza for dinner first. Anyway he has a company transport to bring him to Outram Park and meet me there instead of Jurong area. We have dinner at foodcourt.


Esjay: Today I opt for vegetarian dinner. I look fluffy these few days

David: Ok.You can order first.

Esjay: Hullo, I have one or two stalls to get my food whereas you
have so many stalls to choose. You go and take your time selecting.

David: I'm done. You go and order.

Esjay comes back with nasi lemak.

David: I don't know that Nasi lemak goes vegetarian. Chicken wing, Ikan bilis and eggs are mostly mocked.


We decide to have soya bean drink near the bus-stop. The drink is horrible. This is the most horrible soya bean drink I have ever tasted.




Then we take bus 16 to Zouk. It is only 7pm and there is not much people outside the club. David heard from 98.7FM DJs that the door will be officially opened at 7.30pm. Initially, I do not believe the news but then the door really opens at 7.30pm. We start to queue for entry.


I bump into Keith and Desmond, with his very big group of friends. I also saw many few familiar faces which I am not much bother to say artificial greetings to.


The butch bouncer check my bag before entering. She asks me what the canister is. It is a gas canister with an aim to explode the zouk and kill all the Madonna fans.


JOKING


It is just a hairspray to tame my unkempt mane. I deposit my bag to the bag counter and get a free drink. I manage to chat with a friend of Desmond while waiting for the drink. She is so friendly and sweet.


I don't see much changes in zouk's interior except the toilet and the entrance tunnel. It reminds me of the clubs at Kuala Lumpur. David and I locate ourselves somewhere near the staircase , which lead to dancefloor and enjoy the free drinks. It is expected that the show will be delayed till 8pm.


I stand beside two extraordinarily beautiful gals. They are the epitome of supermodels, even one of them is as tall as me. I am told by someone that they are transexuals. Oh Gosh! Aren't they are putting a real females into shame? I nearly make a pass at them.


Sometimes, be wary of the 'super' beautiful women in the club,
especially zouk.


Then the party starts with two DJs, Vernon and Augustine ( I think ), stunning pan-asian models strutting in Madonna's costumes in various,previous music videos of hers and then the display of dances from Hung UP MTV by the professional dancers which I think is very chic. Then, Madonna broadcasts in big screen about her latest album, confession of the dancefloor and her new music video.

click on the image to see her music video, hung up


Then there are usual stunts like giving aways the prize bymaking those people on the floor come to teh stage and make butts of jokes for the rest. Firstly, They introduce Motorola ROKR which has the in-built itunes and Madonna did a commercial with them. They pick three madonna fans up to the stage and guess the songs based on the ringtones played in Motorola.


Boring? It is. Then secondly, ten aspiring (not) dancer wannabesvolunteer to go the stage to show the spectators the new moves in Hung Up music video. Apparently, four guys really steal the show by really dancing in their own styles. Talk about being original and expressing oneself.


Then there are five people being brought to reveal their darkest confession to the public.


Male 1: Currently I go out with two girls and one guy simultaneously ( Talkabout not having looks and body, yet a player for both sex; impressive)



Male 2: I made out with female PE teacher during secondary school ( Raging hormones and horny teacher, I wonder why she is attracted to ah beng )



Male 3: I slept with my good friend's girl and he nearly caught us in bed (Friend in need is a friend indeed)



Male 4: I secretly took my mum's black bra and then put the cones inside thethe bra. I am inspired by her cone bra during blonde ambition tours ( I wonder whether his mum notice that her black bra suddenly a size bigger)



Only Female: I slept with my husband-to-be's dad before the wedding.
Apparenly, she really shocked all of us with that confession and I wonder if her husband is around.



She won the Motorola ROKR.


Lastly, we have a Madonna look a like contest. This is the most lame competition I have ever seen. Only one contestant dressed up or drag himself to look like Madonna in Hung Up MTV and call himself Madinna. The rest justmanage to achieve theri fame by walking down the aisle in front of the people ala supermodels. They ( all males ) really catwalk and start to be so dramatic on stage. Madinna won the Motorola ROKR.


Anyway, the event is disappointing,truly. The only consolation is I still love zouk.


Then I start to mingle with people awhile and decide not to stay late in zouk because David has to work tomorrow and I have plans to meet Bee Lan early morning tomorrow. David and I decide to go to Orchard to chill out for awhile. I bump into Eugene and Fabian. Keith also is going to buy the single, Hung up at HMV.


We chill out at Maestro cafe at Cineleisure. I order brownies while David has his raspberry cheesecake. I hate cheesecake. He is going broke tomorrow because he has to attend two wedding dinners.


Although I feel like dancing tonight, I cannot afford to miss the meeting with Bee Lan tommorow.


At 11.30pm, we take a train home




LINKS

My chic clubmembers of sphere  Collection of 'Must-go' blogs! Check out my beautiful friends daily happenings in their own words


Other alter (ego) journal of mine      
Links that will take you to my other sites in virtual community and world

Beautiful bloggers I grooving on Collection of another `must-go'  blogs! The bloggers I have not meet yet ( And will do one day perhaps)  . they have interesting life. Do check out 

Blogs of Entertainments        Collection of another `must-go'  blogs! They make the blogging very entertaining and funny in their own personal touch.  

Link I often surf                                  Go figure! Links to other sites which  mostly had been bookmarked. List will continue to grow  

Media whoring session

Pictures Galore

Video Galore


Chat with me online
Only available at
10pm Singapore Time

Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Esjay. Make your own badge here.

This is my Google PageRankâ„¢ - RankSE.com free service.

Who Links Here
online
now



Free Calendar from Bravenet.com Free Calendar from Bravenet.com

     

I am who I am

 

 

My guest List
I'm gonna show you that good guys don't always win, I'm gonna show you the brighter side of living in sin.So when you're six feet under, you won't wonder why, Just 'cause you got a halo don't mean that you can fly.If you thought it was over, you're way off track, You made a blunder, and...You put me back, back in business,This ain't no hit or miss, I'm gonna get my way.'Cause you put me back, back in business,You're my first witness, and I'm here to stay.I'm gonna show you good guys always finish lastSpeaking of virtue, being nice is a thing of the past.When I want something done, I'll say it with a gun.kJust 'cause you're an angel don't mean you're having fun..I just wanted to thank you for what you lack. Hope they don't hang you, 'cause...I'm coming back in style