Friday, October 07, 2005

Envy necessary?

I am still down with sickness. I hope it is not dengue actually because Joycelyn got mosquito bites at Timbre bar but then she is perfectly alright. I am just being paranoid.

Getting sick is a total waste of time.

I will elaborate why I feel little depressed yesterday. To be frank, I feel envious of my friends own sucess and I am proud of myself to be frank in my blog. It takes guts to write my true feeling down.

I am feeling happy for my friends for being able to achieve their certain minor/major goals in their life. The good thing is I don't get that burning sensation in my gut for their success. That shows that I discovered that I am genuinely happy for them.

None of us react exactly the same way to anything. The events yesterday do trigger burning envy in me. At its core, envy comes from a sense of dissatisfaction.

I am envious of them, earning bucks, while I, am frantically finding job.
I am envious of them, going for holidays almost every month, while I, am still stay at home all the time.
I am envious of them, having someone to love with , while I, am still seeking for companionship.
I am envious of them, having and keeping old and good friends, while I, am losing them.
I am envious of them, having world materials they need, while I, am possesing only two wardobes of clothes.
I am envious of them, knowing so many people, while I, am nobody.
These lead me to think nonsense, hence to depression



People may think that I do not work hard ENOUGH to get what I want and I am not that proactive in trying to achieve my goal. I did my very best, just that I have lesser luck than them.

It takes me a day or two to overcome that first wave of envy, but once it passess.Envy is simply an emotion. We've all got them. The trick is to recognize envy for what it is, to understand where it comes from, and to find a way to cope with it that works for me. I hope it motivates me to find a niche for whom I am and why I am needed here on Earth.

Or perhaps a better solution would be to avoid those things that trigger envy to begin with. I should go into one month spiritual seclusion, seeking God's help for a better person with a better life.

Ultimately, envy is nothing but an emotion, and emotions are neither good nor bad.For today, I learn how to cope with that feeling, and find a way to use it if I can to my advantage.

Life is temporary.

LINKS

My chic clubmembers of sphere  Collection of 'Must-go' blogs! Check out my beautiful friends daily happenings in their own words


Other alter (ego) journal of mine      
Links that will take you to my other sites in virtual community and world

Beautiful bloggers I grooving on Collection of another `must-go'  blogs! The bloggers I have not meet yet ( And will do one day perhaps)  . they have interesting life. Do check out 

Blogs of Entertainments        Collection of another `must-go'  blogs! They make the blogging very entertaining and funny in their own personal touch.  

Link I often surf                                  Go figure! Links to other sites which  mostly had been bookmarked. List will continue to grow  

Media whoring session

Pictures Galore

Video Galore


Chat with me online
Only available at
10pm Singapore Time

Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Esjay. Make your own badge here.

This is my Google PageRankâ„¢ - RankSE.com free service.

Who Links Here
online
now



Free Calendar from Bravenet.com Free Calendar from Bravenet.com

     

I am who I am

 

 

My guest List
I'm gonna show you that good guys don't always win, I'm gonna show you the brighter side of living in sin.So when you're six feet under, you won't wonder why, Just 'cause you got a halo don't mean that you can fly.If you thought it was over, you're way off track, You made a blunder, and...You put me back, back in business,This ain't no hit or miss, I'm gonna get my way.'Cause you put me back, back in business,You're my first witness, and I'm here to stay.I'm gonna show you good guys always finish lastSpeaking of virtue, being nice is a thing of the past.When I want something done, I'll say it with a gun.kJust 'cause you're an angel don't mean you're having fun..I just wanted to thank you for what you lack. Hope they don't hang you, 'cause...I'm coming back in style