Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Happy National Day

I manage to wake up early despite sleeping late yesterday. i immediately call David to confirm the plan to watch movie later. I just afraid I may not get the ticket because it is holiday and the only safer way to book online.

I try booking online but I do not have any credit card at all. I call David to help me book the ticket for me. He will go and look for AXS machine and book the show. Sam calls me what's my plan later and whether I am keen to go for a swim.

I start to pack my stuff when david calls me that he cannot the booking because the machine does not print the receipt.He asks me to book the tickets by phone. I am already outside and how will I know the cinema's number.

Calm down.

I go to GV cinema at jurong Point and find the AXS machine. I try to book using that machine but the problem is that I DON'T have atm card. Why I am so pathetically poor. Then I decide to buy newspaper and take a train. Then This uncle distribute Today newspaper to everyone. I waste 80c when I get the information form TODAY.

Bad luck.

Then I try using the phone to book the ticket. It is quite easy, actually and for years, I do not know that I can book by phone. I miss the collection code.

Panic.

I call David about this and he say it is ok since I leave my NRIC number. Then I am not sure whether I shall collect the ticker first or meet Sam first who is the Fitness First gym. He just have hair trim at Far East Plaza and then take a shower to wash up. Then I decide to go and meet Sam first.I wait for him at Valentino Boutique for a while.

Then we have a lunch at Cineleisure Foodcourt and have our usual meals: Yong tau Foo (me) and Fish Soup (Sam). Then We decide to collect the tickets at Marina Square.We take a bus there but the bus stops at Carlton Hotel as the road is blocked due to National Day Parade. We have to walk to Marina Square.Along the way, we bump into Kern, ever-sweet girl who is going tow atch movie later.

The city hall is filled with so many people that they need a police authorities to regulate the human traffic. I am quite worried that I may not reach the place on time to collect the ticket. It is because they will just cancel my booking and let those tickets open to public.

Sam and I rush there as fast as we can but Sam tells me to relax and slow down. I am not actually. Because of that. Sam gets injured and really pissed off.I manage to get the tickets at 3.23pm. Only after that, Sam starts to get angry with me. He starts to talk sense into me regarding my attitude and behaviour that cause injury to him.

Lesson learnt: I shall not argue with anyone despite being right. If I starts to argue with people, I want to win in the argument. This may cause hatred and loss of friendship. I just listen and keep quiet. I don't want to make same mistake.

As long as I get the tickets, I meet my agenda for today. Whatever happens next, I just act dumb or get over it.

After a very awkward moments at Kopi Tiam, David calls me that he reach the place. We just go and meet David there. Then, Sam tells David that he is pissed at the moment and tells David what's happened. I just smile at david sheepishly because David knows that it is not my fault entirely and he is involved too.

Anyway, we just go inside the cinema and wait for these 15 minutes of commercials to end. Well, Sam is really very angry with me , for sure. Then he leaves the theater.

He comes back with bucket of popcorn and shares with us. He is not that petty, after all. He knows I am try hard to save the friendship. Anyway my objective, my childhood dream to watch Charlie and Chocolate Fcatory is fulfilled.

I love the show and oompah loompah.

Then we take pee at Oriental Hotel. I think their toilets are classy.Then we walk around esplanade and find so many peeople by the river. Then David is very hungry so we walk back to Marina Square to look for place to eat. We settle at Long john's Silver Restaurant.The queue is super long and there is no more chicken available.

We trio order the fish wrap as our dinner. I line up while they help to book the place.At 7.45pm, the place starts to get deserted. Then we start to join thousands of Singaporean at the Marina Square empty space. We wait for awhile. It is Sam's first time to watch fireworks live.




Different ways to enjoy fish wrap - Sam eat the pita bread first and save the best( the fish) for last,David spread the chilli sauce on the fish and munch and me, squeeze the chili sauce on the servette and dip my fish wrap on it and eat.




The best things in life are free.

At 8,15pm, the fireworks start fill the dark skies. It feels great to enjoy the moments with other Singaporeans.The smiles, the shouts, laughter and romance. I feels so beautiful and lucky , even to celebrate the moment with good friends.I did some recordings too. It is not that spectacular actually but I had fun.

Then we walk back to City Hall but we decide to hang out at Pacific cafe for awhile , to let the super-crowd disperse. We know the city hall will be jammed with people from Marina Square as well as those who attend the National Day Parade.

I must get the tickets next year.

I bring my ibook along actually. My plan is, We secure the place at Marina Square, have a picnic ( I even bring a mat along ), kill times by watching Simple Life 3 in my ibook. Eventually the places are already filled.

Then we watch "Little Britain" comedies (I finish download) while enjoying our drinks.We have a good laugh actually. Then we start to go home at 10pm because everyone is tired. Both of them need to work tommorow.




Nice Fireworks and Pacific Cafe




Luckily, it is not crowded at MRT station.

I have a fulfilled day today and I feels happy
1) Fulfil my teenage dream to watch Charlie and Chocolate Factory
2) Celebrate National Day with good friends.
3) My character improves.




Good looking trio

LINKS

My chic clubmembers of sphere  Collection of 'Must-go' blogs! Check out my beautiful friends daily happenings in their own words


Other alter (ego) journal of mine      
Links that will take you to my other sites in virtual community and world

Beautiful bloggers I grooving on Collection of another `must-go'  blogs! The bloggers I have not meet yet ( And will do one day perhaps)  . they have interesting life. Do check out 

Blogs of Entertainments        Collection of another `must-go'  blogs! They make the blogging very entertaining and funny in their own personal touch.  

Link I often surf                                  Go figure! Links to other sites which  mostly had been bookmarked. List will continue to grow  

Media whoring session

Pictures Galore

Video Galore


Chat with me online
Only available at
10pm Singapore Time

Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Esjay. Make your own badge here.

This is my Google PageRankâ„¢ - RankSE.com free service.

Who Links Here
online
now



Free Calendar from Bravenet.com Free Calendar from Bravenet.com

     

I am who I am

 

 

My guest List
I'm gonna show you that good guys don't always win, I'm gonna show you the brighter side of living in sin.So when you're six feet under, you won't wonder why, Just 'cause you got a halo don't mean that you can fly.If you thought it was over, you're way off track, You made a blunder, and...You put me back, back in business,This ain't no hit or miss, I'm gonna get my way.'Cause you put me back, back in business,You're my first witness, and I'm here to stay.I'm gonna show you good guys always finish lastSpeaking of virtue, being nice is a thing of the past.When I want something done, I'll say it with a gun.kJust 'cause you're an angel don't mean you're having fun..I just wanted to thank you for what you lack. Hope they don't hang you, 'cause...I'm coming back in style