Monday, August 22, 2005

Certificate of appreciation

I still cannot banish my bad habit of waking up late till 12pm. I always waste my whole morning. Today I want to make my mum happy. I threw all the rubbish/used lecture notes/old bags/others at the hall which I had been proscratinating to throw them to the chute. Then I water the plant. At 12.30pm, I go to Prime Supermart tom buy groceries ( mostly vegetables ).I spend only $30.

I feel like cooking today. I decide to whip fish dishes with sweet and sour sauce. I cut the crab meat sticks, brocolli, cababage, pineapple, fish fillet, onions, red and green capsicums, sweet corn and carrot.

Big mistake. I only bought one packet of maggi mee brand sweet and sour sauce. It ends up watery.




It looks water despite beautiful colour



Terrible.Nevertheless I enjoy the meal by myself.

Then i go back to NTU to do some computer work, apparently do some job-search.

Is certificates of appreciation, generally important in job-search?


My friend and I are arguing, a friendly debate actually over acquiring knowledge

I mention to him that I just need certificate when I take up the course but he disagrees with me that we shall not acquire knowledge to get certified. Certificate does not prove much especially when the employers see your capability to handle the jobs. We has these example why certificate is not neccesity but of importance in job search.

Recruitment of Cabin crew.

One resume states ' Learnt a basic spanish language'.

Another resumes states ' Acquired level 1 certificate of spanish language by BMC'

I am sure that the employer will prefer the latter resume.Employers are scared to death of hiring the wrong person and know that mistakes in hiring occur all the time.Certificate of Performance is just a tangible proof. Ditto for any letters of recommendation you may have as well as performance reviews or thank-you letters and notes of appreciation or other testimonials from customers or clients, as well as any accomplishments in community or volunteer work.

It may sound redundant but it can make that extra bit of difference.

Why study for Master's or PhD degree, if one can study by your own? We still need a piece of paper to show the hard work, the expenditure and or course the result obtained.

Nothing's wrong to acquire knowledge or skills by yourself but there are some skills/ knowledge such IT skills or businees skills and even languages which require certificates to let your employers know you accomplished them.

We may look for chances to increase our knowledge in these three areas:
1)Skills directly related to the content of your work
2)Skills related to how your work is done, such as new computer systems
3)Skills related to the people side of work, such as communication or diversity training

- Achieve the next level of certificate, license, or credential in your field.
- Catch up on the basic math or language skills you need to begin a certificate program, or to do your job better.
- Start learning or improving the foreign language that would help your employer stay relevant and meet customer needs.
- Take a public speaking course. This can help you present your ideas more effectively at work.
- Take a communications course to help you carry out team projects better, or move into managing people.
- Is there a new emphasis on mediating personnel problems at work? Get qualified in alternative dispute resolution.
- Take an efficiency workshop, to learn new tricks for organizing your time and projects better.
- Do you want more work responsibility but haven't got it yet? Join a community leadership course for practice.
- Explore mentoring opportunities.

Make sure your supervisor knows what skill training you take. Show your willingness to take on new tasks or to update how you accomplish your work. Get certified.

LINKS

My chic clubmembers of sphere  Collection of 'Must-go' blogs! Check out my beautiful friends daily happenings in their own words


Other alter (ego) journal of mine      
Links that will take you to my other sites in virtual community and world

Beautiful bloggers I grooving on Collection of another `must-go'  blogs! The bloggers I have not meet yet ( And will do one day perhaps)  . they have interesting life. Do check out 

Blogs of Entertainments        Collection of another `must-go'  blogs! They make the blogging very entertaining and funny in their own personal touch.  

Link I often surf                                  Go figure! Links to other sites which  mostly had been bookmarked. List will continue to grow  

Media whoring session

Pictures Galore

Video Galore


Chat with me online
Only available at
10pm Singapore Time

Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Esjay. Make your own badge here.

This is my Google PageRankâ„¢ - RankSE.com free service.

Who Links Here
online
now



Free Calendar from Bravenet.com Free Calendar from Bravenet.com

     

I am who I am

 

 

My guest List
I'm gonna show you that good guys don't always win, I'm gonna show you the brighter side of living in sin.So when you're six feet under, you won't wonder why, Just 'cause you got a halo don't mean that you can fly.If you thought it was over, you're way off track, You made a blunder, and...You put me back, back in business,This ain't no hit or miss, I'm gonna get my way.'Cause you put me back, back in business,You're my first witness, and I'm here to stay.I'm gonna show you good guys always finish lastSpeaking of virtue, being nice is a thing of the past.When I want something done, I'll say it with a gun.kJust 'cause you're an angel don't mean you're having fun..I just wanted to thank you for what you lack. Hope they don't hang you, 'cause...I'm coming back in style