Monday, July 11, 2005

Home

I stay at home again. Nothing much to do but read some books and articles on careers.

Let's assume you have determined that it takes, on average, five interviews to get one job offer.If goal is three job offers, that means you need to create about 15 interviews. Hence, my goals is 15 interviews, that means I need to send out about 150 CVs during my employment campaign.

That is a lot.

Job hunting is just like a sales operation - I am selling myself. Like any good salesperson, I need to know where I'm going and what it takes to get there. If i don't know, the temptation is simply to work hard, not really knowing how far along I truly on the path to that new position. Lacking a clear direction builds in stress and fatigue, and foster discouragement.

Hence I need to send out two targeted CVs. Does that get the new job for me? Probably not. So a week later, I have to send out ten CVs, received three rejection letters. and no interviews. Will I be discouraged?No, I am on target.

I am developing quantity to get to the quality. I just need to understand my numbers. Get it?

So how do you get a job in half the time? Double the daily output of targeted CVs sent from two per day to four per day. You will expose yourself in the quantity necessary in half the time and increase the probablity of getting the required quantuty of interviews and resulting job offers in significantly less time.

I need to find job: So that I can change my blog title from Life of being slacker to life of being socialite.

Later at late night with my mum, Bunawar smses me that his mother is at ICU@NUH and he feels sad and feel pain seeing his beloved mum. When i tell my mum and look at her, it makes me love my mum more. My mum also worries about all this medical check-up beause she is not in the good health. She has this excessive burping problems and she feels paranoid.

Nothing can be done but just a little prayer for the best of health to his mum.

Who has the most right to our hearts, to our love and respect? Who deserves most, to hear our words of kindness, and appreciation? Our parents, of course!  A mother's love for her child is a prayer, an invocation for the wellbeing of her child.  It is through her love that her child learns to crawl, to walk, to speak, to relate to others in the community. Surely we can offer our mothers and our fathers, companionship, words of comfort and appreciation!

When we were ill, she suffered with us, fearful that some misfortune might befall us. In her worry and anxiety she would cry and beseech God to restore us to good health and grant us a long and prosperous life. In the same way, too, a good deed from us, brings joy to her heart, but when we do something wrong, it fills her heart with disappointment and tears stream down her cheeks. Love deserves love!

Hence, being a son in the family, present her with your recitation of good surah and a prayer. May God bless you and your family. God willing.

Just remember. The way we treat others, so shall we be treated. We can see this by looking around and reflecting on the successes and failures of others. Clearly, those who sow good seeds reap goodness; and those who sow evil only reap sorrow.  The reward for good deeds can only be good, and the reward for bad deeds can only bring us closer to self-destruction.

LINKS

My chic clubmembers of sphere  Collection of 'Must-go' blogs! Check out my beautiful friends daily happenings in their own words


Other alter (ego) journal of mine      
Links that will take you to my other sites in virtual community and world

Beautiful bloggers I grooving on Collection of another `must-go'  blogs! The bloggers I have not meet yet ( And will do one day perhaps)  . they have interesting life. Do check out 

Blogs of Entertainments        Collection of another `must-go'  blogs! They make the blogging very entertaining and funny in their own personal touch.  

Link I often surf                                  Go figure! Links to other sites which  mostly had been bookmarked. List will continue to grow  

Media whoring session

Pictures Galore

Video Galore


Chat with me online
Only available at
10pm Singapore Time

Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Esjay. Make your own badge here.

This is my Google PageRankâ„¢ - RankSE.com free service.

Who Links Here
online
now



Free Calendar from Bravenet.com Free Calendar from Bravenet.com

     

I am who I am

 

 

My guest List
I'm gonna show you that good guys don't always win, I'm gonna show you the brighter side of living in sin.So when you're six feet under, you won't wonder why, Just 'cause you got a halo don't mean that you can fly.If you thought it was over, you're way off track, You made a blunder, and...You put me back, back in business,This ain't no hit or miss, I'm gonna get my way.'Cause you put me back, back in business,You're my first witness, and I'm here to stay.I'm gonna show you good guys always finish lastSpeaking of virtue, being nice is a thing of the past.When I want something done, I'll say it with a gun.kJust 'cause you're an angel don't mean you're having fun..I just wanted to thank you for what you lack. Hope they don't hang you, 'cause...I'm coming back in style