Friday, July 15, 2005

Convocation Day




I look damn suave :)



Yeah, today marks a final journey and a new beginning in the chapters of my life. Today is my graduation ceremony and it will be held at 2pm at Nanyang Auditorium.

My mum does not inform any of my relatives about my convocation. One is enough [My sister was lucky to have people attending her convocation]. It will be me, and my parents.

I start to get prepared and at 11am, we set off to NTU by taxi, The place is quite crowded and the graduates are already in their robes except mine. I am not sure how the system works and I am quite panicky at the moment.but still, I need to keep cool.

There is no one I know.

Then I go down to Nayang Auditorium and ask around first. After that, I go and fetch my parents to go inside. I go to robing area to wear my robe but then the palce is quite crowded actually. I manage to see Mark [Hall 14] and ask him how to wear the gown. I am lucky to bump into him.

I just wear my robe outside the area so that my mum can help me pin the yellow thingy on the robe. It is damn heavy actually. How come I don't feel good or even proud wearing the robe. Plus the mortar flatten my already-flat hairstyle.

I look damn ugly with it but I cannot take it off because the hairstyle just goes wrong. While waiting, we start to take picture, of me only. I am so bored and alone.

If it was my batch [ last year], I would spend my time taking pictures while waiting to go in.

I just stand alone after my parents go in to get the good seat.

ALONE.




Last Time at Nanyang Audi



I am so pathetic. I am trying hard to enjoy the convocation moment but I can not.

I quickly go in and take my seat and impatiently wait for the ceremony to start. I manage to watch some presentation on screen to kill time. I am the few to take a seat early. I cannot even take the mortar off my head because of the worng hairstyle. I am so regret for not having a haircut.

I am getting headache due to weight of the mortar.

People start to come in and be seated. There are few familiar faces around. I just hope the camera won't capture me and the whole auditorium will see my horrified face on large screen. The seats beside me are still empty until 2pm.

Then the big shots come down and fill the place on the stage , then the deputy dean gives a short message and ceremony begins. I feel quite nervous actually. I don't know why. Maybe self-consciousness.

One by one, the names are being called out. Sooner it will be my turn. yeah, I look smart and proud but I don't feel happy inside actually. Imagine people in my batch willl be clapping hard when i am onstage. *laughs*

S**T.

Then when the last few graduate walk to receive the transcript. The claps are getting louder and louder until the last person receive it, the whole auditorium fills with cheers and loud clap, The happiness just fill the whole auditorium.

I know I am really feel proud at that moment. For my parents.

Then we are usher to School of Biological science hall for the party. I meet few people of my batch to congratulate them. I know the smile in every one of us is genuine. Then my parents feel hungry so we go and have a bite first before my sister comes down to fetch us.

We have to wait for some VIPs to come down to open the ceremony. Those parents stand by the food, waiting like hungry wolves.

3...2....1.... everyone is rushing to grab whatever on the buffet. Imagine mothers, fathers stack up their food on the small plate. roll eyes.

I go and help to take food for my parents. Then I go and take my food further from the main door where more varieties of food are available. When I return, my parents throw them away. I am shocked because I fight with other parents and graduates just to take the food and they throw away.

My mum says that the food is going to stale especially the mee siam. thanks goodness I take some pastry and sushi for them. I am not that keen to eat there because I just want to get out of the place. I don't want to meet those three bitches there.

Then my father spots his friend and we all go there and say hi. I am such a snobbish guy that time. I cannot be bothered with their sons or daughters somehow. I also realise that they know my existence.

That's hot. I don't know that I am their one of the daily topics.

It starts to rain yet my sister is not here yet.And I am getting impatient.

I decide to suggest to go home by taxi. i tell my mum to call my sister to just postpone to fetch us because I cannot wait for another hour at school. There is no taxi hence I call the taxi service to fetch at convocation. I get scolded by idiotic driver for giving wrong street. And then the usher gives sarcastic remark that I do not even know the area well, despite studying in NTU for many years, I am like *roll eyes*

Stop flirting with my mum in front of my father, you %$#^@&@. Luckily, I just smile.

The day to remember and forget easily.

Even my sister is not even present during my convocation ceremony. So pathetic.

WTF!

Then later at night, I go and meet Samuel at Coffee Beans cafe at Holland Village for a while.




Me with my neighbour's Kids






Good Bye NTU

LINKS

My chic clubmembers of sphere  Collection of 'Must-go' blogs! Check out my beautiful friends daily happenings in their own words


Other alter (ego) journal of mine      
Links that will take you to my other sites in virtual community and world

Beautiful bloggers I grooving on Collection of another `must-go'  blogs! The bloggers I have not meet yet ( And will do one day perhaps)  . they have interesting life. Do check out 

Blogs of Entertainments        Collection of another `must-go'  blogs! They make the blogging very entertaining and funny in their own personal touch.  

Link I often surf                                  Go figure! Links to other sites which  mostly had been bookmarked. List will continue to grow  

Media whoring session

Pictures Galore

Video Galore


Chat with me online
Only available at
10pm Singapore Time

Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Esjay. Make your own badge here.

This is my Google PageRankâ„¢ - RankSE.com free service.

Who Links Here
online
now



Free Calendar from Bravenet.com Free Calendar from Bravenet.com

     

I am who I am

 

 

My guest List
I'm gonna show you that good guys don't always win, I'm gonna show you the brighter side of living in sin.So when you're six feet under, you won't wonder why, Just 'cause you got a halo don't mean that you can fly.If you thought it was over, you're way off track, You made a blunder, and...You put me back, back in business,This ain't no hit or miss, I'm gonna get my way.'Cause you put me back, back in business,You're my first witness, and I'm here to stay.I'm gonna show you good guys always finish lastSpeaking of virtue, being nice is a thing of the past.When I want something done, I'll say it with a gun.kJust 'cause you're an angel don't mean you're having fun..I just wanted to thank you for what you lack. Hope they don't hang you, 'cause...I'm coming back in style