Saturday, January 01, 2005

Happy New Year

It is still rainng and I am on the maximum comfort in my room - it is good time to foster both reflection and optimism Traditionally, this is a time for New Year’s resolutions (looking ahead) and also a time for reflection on how good God has been to me this past year.How has that blessing been manifested in my life this past year?  What has entered my life this year that I am grateful for?

However seeing past events from and out of time perspective make it easier to evaluate how specific events had either caused grief or sorrow or brought joy, and maybe personal growth and memories of love and friendship to be remembered far into future.There is tendency to focus on the unexpected hurdles that seem to pop up just when things are starting to go the way they want them to. I guessed most important is to accept openly to the challenges of life, whether it is positive or negative.Hence today may be a good direction for change and resolve to enhance life by furthering mind, body and spirit to lead more rewarding and full life, rather than empty and superficial life. I realised that when i read through my archives. I realised the importance of having online diary.

My Resolutions of 2004
1) Pass , not score , my subjects
2) Get my body back to hunky shape
3) Earn money at least $600
4) Get closer to God
5) Find Hang-out Buddies

None of them I achieved.The problem is that my goals were so rigid that reaching the goal creates stress by either becoming a full time job, or leaving me with a feeling of failure for having one piece of cake. I was not that reactive in reaching my dreams.Maybe I should put more flexibility to goal-setting .Be kind to myself when I design any action plan and add changes to my life that will bring joy and fulfillment during the change process.Afterall life is not about being perfect and the world is a permenant place to stay.

My resolution for 2005 , but I will evaluate on July 1st 2005 to see how far I am very active in fulfilling my resolution.

1.Clear all my subjects BY THIS SEMESTER.
2. Get a tanned, ripped body
3. Decorate the house into place of renaissance
4. Be more religious
5. Get a job in service line to get some ample experience
6. Save money to open foodstall
7. Widen my social circle hence bigger networking
8. Speak one more language
9. Be more adventurous



I will slowly turn this resolution into workable projects and with the help of God's blessing and my determination, I CAN achieve my dreams in half month.

Recap of the timeline in 2004
JANUARY
1. Highest Rainfall
2. The Start of American Idol show
3. The wedding of my body-building buddy, Herwan
4. Worst tan lead to peeling and burn
5. Approval of FYP

FEBRUARY
1. Bee Lan Bday Celebration@Sanur
2. Purchase of iBook
3. Mutual reconciliation with Alex

MARCH
1. Hung Yong Birthday@Magic Wok and Paulaner Brahuas
2. The return of Julia Ng

APRIL
1. Hospitalisation of my grandmom
2. Mr Singapore 2004
3. Exam Period

MAY
1. Being selected in some competition
2. Memorable trip to Bangkok and Pattaya
3. Pass all subjects

JUNE - the most stressful month
1. Singapore Idol Audition
2. Death of Damien
3. Kien Birthday@Fong Seng
4. Samuel Birthday@pool
5. Kuala Lumpur trip with Kent
6. Lost of camera

JULY
1. Activation of my friends to vote me
2. The competition itself
3. Trip to Samy Muthu restaurant
4. First haircut at hair salon
5. Presence of Lincoln@Welcome Carnival
6. The Mean Girls movie
7. NAtional Day preview with Beelan, Medallyn and Denyse

AUGUST
1. Lily Birthday celebration@Fish n Co.
2. Singapore Idol telecast

SEPTEMBER
1. Fall out with some people
2. Attended Army Open House@Safti with Lily
3. My blog under attack

October - Ugly month
1. My blog under attack by anonymous visitors
2. First ear pierce
3. Visit airport with Ffour in wee morning
4. Death of my cousin to cancer
5. introduction of Lily to my best friends

NOVEMBER- the most depressing month
1. Submission of FYP
2. Mugging till 4am plus preparation of FYP
3. Exam period
4. Send my mum to A&E at Alexander Hospital
5. Visit to Chek Jawa at Pulau Ubin
6. FYP presentation on exam period
7. Last gathering of Ffour at Alley bar
8. Send Hung Yong off to Beijing

DECEMBER
1. A visit to wine company at Hollan Road and visit to Brewerkz
2. Halizah Birthday
3. My sister grand wedding
4. California Fitness Center re-visit
5. Tsunamis Attack in Asia

I was so bored today and all I received was birthday greeting from friends. I need to go out and celebrate my birthday because it hardly falls on weekend. Everyone seems no interested in going out tonight because it is raining and I do not have transport. I spent whole evening watching TV. Anxiety starts to surge whole body when time reaches 12 am,Julia call me and we have a great conversation and she forgets my birthday.Anyway, she sounds so chirpy. How I wish she stay a little bit longer to celebrate my birthday.Julia, I am sure to visit you in Hong Kong. I am just nearly given up hope to go out until I manage to contact Derek, the yoga instructor. I wait for my sister to come back at 12.30am. I do my own countdown and it is so lame. No birthday cake or candles to blow .

I fetch him at Jurong West near Yuhua Secondary school but he tell me to go to quieter place as he need some moments to talk. Coinicdently, my playlist was playing sad songs and that does not help much for this kind of situation. He let out the tears, and I feel quite awkward though. We went to Kent Ridge Park and let him see the beautiful scenery, hopefully he can be consoled by the beauty of nature. Then he start to talk about his problems regarding his sister and mother. He does not get any respect from them for what he is. I feel for him, just being there to give a listening ear. he felt better after that. We went to Fong Seng to had supper. I ordered Nasi Lemak and shared it together. Then I sent him back home. Even though, it was short meeting, I learnt something from him that he start young to face such tough life experiences and he had to handle it well. I am blessed and lucky at the moment. I respect him for him being himself.Do not take life for granted.

I reach home at 3am, and I got a present from my sister, wrapped with shimmering gold. Very glamourous. The birthday message is just so sweet-coated. It almost put me in tears. Why must I start my new year with tears?It writes:

Dear Brother
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
Firstly, would like to express my gratitude for contributing to the success of my/our wedding.
Secondly, would like say sorry lah, this year's budget is very low.Got you two gift though.One of them import far :P
Lastly, have fun.Hope you'll get what you want to achieve or wish this year.

Your 1 and only sister.

LINKS

My chic clubmembers of sphere  Collection of 'Must-go' blogs! Check out my beautiful friends daily happenings in their own words


Other alter (ego) journal of mine      
Links that will take you to my other sites in virtual community and world

Beautiful bloggers I grooving on Collection of another `must-go'  blogs! The bloggers I have not meet yet ( And will do one day perhaps)  . they have interesting life. Do check out 

Blogs of Entertainments        Collection of another `must-go'  blogs! They make the blogging very entertaining and funny in their own personal touch.  

Link I often surf                                  Go figure! Links to other sites which  mostly had been bookmarked. List will continue to grow  

Media whoring session

Pictures Galore

Video Galore


Chat with me online
Only available at
10pm Singapore Time

Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Esjay. Make your own badge here.

This is my Google PageRankâ„¢ - RankSE.com free service.

Who Links Here
online
now



Free Calendar from Bravenet.com Free Calendar from Bravenet.com

     

I am who I am

 

 

My guest List
I'm gonna show you that good guys don't always win, I'm gonna show you the brighter side of living in sin.So when you're six feet under, you won't wonder why, Just 'cause you got a halo don't mean that you can fly.If you thought it was over, you're way off track, You made a blunder, and...You put me back, back in business,This ain't no hit or miss, I'm gonna get my way.'Cause you put me back, back in business,You're my first witness, and I'm here to stay.I'm gonna show you good guys always finish lastSpeaking of virtue, being nice is a thing of the past.When I want something done, I'll say it with a gun.kJust 'cause you're an angel don't mean you're having fun..I just wanted to thank you for what you lack. Hope they don't hang you, 'cause...I'm coming back in style