Sunday, December 26, 2004

Tsunami Asia

Today I had nothing much to do. I felt quite bored, seriously bored again. Morever, I had severe headache today. I was only able to wake up around 3 pm. I had two pills of tablet and went back to sleep. I woke up at 5pm when i received sms from Douglas. I went to visit his condo :Parc Vista. It was very beautiful condominium, quite spacious though. How I wished to stay in such condominium.

We went to Jurong Point to chill out at Coffee Bean cafe before I decided not to go gym since it was 7.30pm. It was kinda of late to travel to Orchard for gym. I went back home , eat my dinner and watched the news. A tradegy had occured in Asia:An earthquake, Tsunami measuring 8.9 on the richter scale hit the coast off northern sumatra, some 40 kilometers from the seabed, causing massive tidal waves to hit costal areas off the indian ocean. already as it is, places in india,penang, sri lanka & phuket, amongst others, have reported many deaths and countless people feared missing. to date, there have been 23,000 deaths reported, and the death toll is still expected to climb.It was the largest earthquake of century. It really reminded me of the show : Deep impact. However this is considered as mini compared to those at Deep Impact.

This incident only set me thinking about fragile and unpredictable life is. One could be relaxing on the beach one moment, and then be swept out to sea, never to return to shore again. And no one could stop such natural catastrophe. Is this a present from God on boxing day or a hidden message from God to inform that the world is not a heaven: I clear about the signs of the doomsday despite being not so religious but tonight, I said a silent prayer for those who perished in this disaster. may their souls rest in peace as well as having blessing for God for the safety of others and also those in Singapore.

I was blessed for not going to Phuket on christmas day which I had planned last minute for short getaway. Truly blessed.

Imagine what would have happened if singapore had been hit by the tidal waves? Especially those in the west coast where so many family and others went for picnic on weekened. This would certainly a wake up call for everyone in Singapore.However Sinagpore was situated strategically in Asia.Hence unlikely, we would face such natural disasters and we should be thankful.

Tragic. Just tragic before 2005.Let's pray for the best.Amen.

LINKS

My chic clubmembers of sphere  Collection of 'Must-go' blogs! Check out my beautiful friends daily happenings in their own words


Other alter (ego) journal of mine      
Links that will take you to my other sites in virtual community and world

Beautiful bloggers I grooving on Collection of another `must-go'  blogs! The bloggers I have not meet yet ( And will do one day perhaps)  . they have interesting life. Do check out 

Blogs of Entertainments        Collection of another `must-go'  blogs! They make the blogging very entertaining and funny in their own personal touch.  

Link I often surf                                  Go figure! Links to other sites which  mostly had been bookmarked. List will continue to grow  

Media whoring session

Pictures Galore

Video Galore


Chat with me online
Only available at
10pm Singapore Time

Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Esjay. Make your own badge here.

This is my Google PageRankâ„¢ - RankSE.com free service.

Who Links Here
online
now



Free Calendar from Bravenet.com Free Calendar from Bravenet.com

     

I am who I am

 

 

My guest List
I'm gonna show you that good guys don't always win, I'm gonna show you the brighter side of living in sin.So when you're six feet under, you won't wonder why, Just 'cause you got a halo don't mean that you can fly.If you thought it was over, you're way off track, You made a blunder, and...You put me back, back in business,This ain't no hit or miss, I'm gonna get my way.'Cause you put me back, back in business,You're my first witness, and I'm here to stay.I'm gonna show you good guys always finish lastSpeaking of virtue, being nice is a thing of the past.When I want something done, I'll say it with a gun.kJust 'cause you're an angel don't mean you're having fun..I just wanted to thank you for what you lack. Hope they don't hang you, 'cause...I'm coming back in style