Saturday, November 20, 2004

Ubin Trip

Waking up at 6.30 am on rainy day was not a good idea, actually. I promised to meet Hung Yong at 8am at Buona Vista MRT Station.Intention to reach the bus-stop fast, I walked down the slopes which caused a major ugly slid along the slope.I knew that the slopes was wet and slippery. My whole bermudas and and clothes were covered with wet mud. It was so embarrasing. I felt so dirty and messy at the momen. Iw as lucky to bring sweater to tied around my waist. I looked so un-fashioned.

I sat all the way, even asked Hung yong to come inside, without me leaving my seat because I afraid my butt would leave a stain on the seat and cause further embarassment. Once I reached Eunos station, I quickly rushed to the exit. Yes, hung Yong told me that the aunties looked at my seat which was filled with leaves and mud. Bleah!

I called Bee Lan to come downa nd told her that we decided to go Pulau Ubin, instead and called Hui Hui about the change of plan. We had breakfast at nearby hawker center first. They had these vegetarian meal while I had a packet of Nasi lemak. Then Bee Lan drove her father's pick up to fetch Hui Hui. I was really impressed with her driving a pick-up despite certain road errors which may cause demerits point and at worse scenario, loss of pedestrians.I ahd no complaint being in front seat, because she was a type of driver that could cause thrills on road.I myslef had long never touched manual gear plus I forgot how to operate the clutch and gear thingy. It would be better for someone who know the vehicle well.

We travelled to the Changi Village at around 10+am. It was drizzling though.I bought 6-inch vegetarian sandwich from Subway and mineral water from Cheers beforehand. We took a boat to Pulau Ubin at $2. There was quite number of people going to Ubin. We rent the bicycle at $6. Initailly, cycling was very fun and easy. When time went by, Cycling , especially on high slope was tortourous ordeal for me. Luckily for me, I had Bee lan to accompany me around. We both like gasping for air trying to cycling the slope. Our fitness level, especially mine, were very bad. This trip really make me realised that I was such a slob. When we stopped halfway and Hui hui was still continued cycling on high slopes, I told them that " There was times when I was like Hui Hui whereas I was at the top and the rest at the bottom, struggling.Now, it's my turn to be at the bottom struggling hard to cycle". this showed that the age was catching up".

At least the weather was good - not sunny at all. We went to Maman Beach, Noordin Beach and Marina Country club resort. The resort was very beautiful and serene. It was really a great retreat away from bustling Singapore. One did not need to go to Malaysia to have a retreat. The resort here was quite similar, though.




Entrance of Ubin and Nordin Camp



Lastly, we decided to cycle to the east to Chek Jawa.Yes, my butt was very painful due the small sized bicycle and lousy gear changer.We rested a while at Nordin Beach to have Subway meal before continued our journey to East.I endured all the way. On the way, we bumped into a group of youngster who got lost while searching for Chek jawa. They were not lost but were not sure how to go to Chek jawa.Hui Hui knew the place well but forgot how to go to there. We just followed our instincta nd just carry on cycling through the barricade. After a long journey, We reached to the infamous Chek Jawa. To our disappointment, it was still high-tide, hence we could move around the area to see the marine and other aquatic lifes. The place was magnificient actually. The place was so peaceful and quiet.




Chek Jawa



We could stay there for another two hour for low tides, hence we decided to cycle back to the meeting point.Feeling tired, but we felt so happier and healthier. Maybe this was the ideal form of exercise where we could enjoy each other company as well as losing weight at same time.The togetherness outweight each of us's tiredness.

Hung Yong and I washed our face and changed to new clothes before moving to the jetty. Everyone was hungry now.Goodbye Ubin and Welcome Singapore.I had fun, as well as acknowledge my bad fitness level.We had our famous Nasi Lemak at Changi Village and Rojak. We chatted awhile before Bee Lan droved use back to Eunos after sending Hui hui home. We had fun. Thanks




Forever four



LINKS

My chic clubmembers of sphere  Collection of 'Must-go' blogs! Check out my beautiful friends daily happenings in their own words


Other alter (ego) journal of mine      
Links that will take you to my other sites in virtual community and world

Beautiful bloggers I grooving on Collection of another `must-go'  blogs! The bloggers I have not meet yet ( And will do one day perhaps)  . they have interesting life. Do check out 

Blogs of Entertainments        Collection of another `must-go'  blogs! They make the blogging very entertaining and funny in their own personal touch.  

Link I often surf                                  Go figure! Links to other sites which  mostly had been bookmarked. List will continue to grow  

Media whoring session

Pictures Galore

Video Galore


Chat with me online
Only available at
10pm Singapore Time

Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Esjay. Make your own badge here.

This is my Google PageRankâ„¢ - RankSE.com free service.

Who Links Here
online
now



Free Calendar from Bravenet.com Free Calendar from Bravenet.com

     

I am who I am

 

 

My guest List
I'm gonna show you that good guys don't always win, I'm gonna show you the brighter side of living in sin.So when you're six feet under, you won't wonder why, Just 'cause you got a halo don't mean that you can fly.If you thought it was over, you're way off track, You made a blunder, and...You put me back, back in business,This ain't no hit or miss, I'm gonna get my way.'Cause you put me back, back in business,You're my first witness, and I'm here to stay.I'm gonna show you good guys always finish lastSpeaking of virtue, being nice is a thing of the past.When I want something done, I'll say it with a gun.kJust 'cause you're an angel don't mean you're having fun..I just wanted to thank you for what you lack. Hope they don't hang you, 'cause...I'm coming back in style