Saturday, July 31, 2004

ndp

Today, It was National Day Preview. I managed to get four tickets from my sister since her school was invovled in NDP. I called Bee Lan to go with me but Hui Hui and Hung Yong could not make it. I still did not know who to ask since so many people rejected my offer. Until Medallyn called that she and Denyse were interested to go.I was so thrilled. I met them at 4pm at Bugis MRT station. I started to wear red singlet and bermuda as my friend told me that it was be very hot and stuffy.

I took a bus from my home and i saw the bus-stop was filled with people in red attires. No wrong guess that they would be going for NDP preview.I was kinda of freak out to see so many red attires. Worse, I wore a red shoes to complement my attire.I hope I won't be caught by fashion police.I took a bus from Boon Lay to prevent myself being caught embarrased with other enthuasistic Singaporeans. I was late because the traffic at city hall was horrendous. It was very slow paced. I was regretted for not taking MRT, just to save face.I should be proud of being sinagporean.Yeah right.

I met them at 4.15pm,we quickly bought some food ranging from fritters, buns,bread,laksa and gado-gado.It was my first time attending such event and It was also my first time attending such event with them.I guessed we ( especially me and beelan who had enormous appetite, I just forgone my detox diet ) bought so much food there. We decided to take MRt there because I feared of the slow traffic outside.When we reached Kallang Station and once we just stepped out of the train, we saw so many singaporeans donned in red . Especially outside, everywhere i saw red. The feelings was awesome. Bee Lan even tricked Medallyn about being stopped at the entrance for not wearing red.She wore pink top. We took a shuttle bus opposite the MRT station to the stadium.

The stadium was very crowded. We quickly rushed inside to take our fun pack. Bee lan was more than eager to have those freebies but for me, i had to reserve my Fun Pack to my sis's colleague's child.Then we quickly rushed inside to get good place. The party was just warmed up with jean, haikel and gurmit even though we managed to get the seat at 5.45pm. We explored the goodies in the fun pack bag. The fun was different today. Somehow I remembered me as Singaporeans and felt patriotic. I am proud being Sinagporean. Denyse made so many noise whereas people around are eithier living dead or dumb. We filled in to the wrong crowd but despite that, we created our own silly fun.

The feeling of watching NDP on TV and on live were totally different. The experience was priceless when watching live, especially with other singaporeans.It was like we 're nation, one people, one Singapore. Truly. Bee lan helped me with fake tattoo - singapore flag on my deltiod while I put tattoo of other design on her arm. JJ lin sang Home with his own version - a bit techno, catered to young crowd. Then march started and we sing song from Indian, Malay, Chinese to English. I totally forgot most of the songs. I remembered singing them during secondary days. Speaker of the parliament, Mr Abdullah Tarmugi was there. The rest was ebing simulated. The performances were so-so. I was waiting to sing those songs, together with good friends. I did not mind the embarassment. I just felt so Singaporean.But of course, I was waiting for fireworks. They were so splendid, beautiful and just colourful. I could just reached for the sky. The happiest moment in time. Finale was Kit Chan singing Home. I was totally full of happy emotions.

The happiness was really short-lived. We had to undergo the crowd when we were about to get out of stadium. I hate human jams. We did see some unsightly events , old lady drop dead, uncle fell down, blah blah. Will I care when I was totally pissed , pespired bad and hot. We managed to get out of Kallang and went to City hall Long John Silver to have dinner. After that we went back home. I felt good today. Thanks Medallyn, Denyse and Bee Lan for the company. It was priceless.

[ picture coming soon ]



LINKS

My chic clubmembers of sphere  Collection of 'Must-go' blogs! Check out my beautiful friends daily happenings in their own words


Other alter (ego) journal of mine      
Links that will take you to my other sites in virtual community and world

Beautiful bloggers I grooving on Collection of another `must-go'  blogs! The bloggers I have not meet yet ( And will do one day perhaps)  . they have interesting life. Do check out 

Blogs of Entertainments        Collection of another `must-go'  blogs! They make the blogging very entertaining and funny in their own personal touch.  

Link I often surf                                  Go figure! Links to other sites which  mostly had been bookmarked. List will continue to grow  

Media whoring session

Pictures Galore

Video Galore


Chat with me online
Only available at
10pm Singapore Time

Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Esjay. Make your own badge here.

This is my Google PageRankâ„¢ - RankSE.com free service.

Who Links Here
online
now



Free Calendar from Bravenet.com Free Calendar from Bravenet.com

     

I am who I am

 

 

My guest List
I'm gonna show you that good guys don't always win, I'm gonna show you the brighter side of living in sin.So when you're six feet under, you won't wonder why, Just 'cause you got a halo don't mean that you can fly.If you thought it was over, you're way off track, You made a blunder, and...You put me back, back in business,This ain't no hit or miss, I'm gonna get my way.'Cause you put me back, back in business,You're my first witness, and I'm here to stay.I'm gonna show you good guys always finish lastSpeaking of virtue, being nice is a thing of the past.When I want something done, I'll say it with a gun.kJust 'cause you're an angel don't mean you're having fun..I just wanted to thank you for what you lack. Hope they don't hang you, 'cause...I'm coming back in style