Saturday, May 08, 2004

I missed the 7am appointment for training with kien due to overslept.So I smsed him on my bed, telling him to change to afternon and continued sleeping. At 12 pm, had my lunch, I started cleaning up my ibook - deleting, sorting, burning the files to increase the RAM. It was getting slow.

As usual, I was late again to meet Kien at 3.30pm.When you were about to be late for your appointments, things did not turn out what you expected it to be.Cursed vulgarities within heart when the public bus came late, the traffic suddenly started to slow down specially today,the train made a long waiting time.People had their leisure to walk down the lane.Specially TODAY. It was like a chain reaction that pissed me off hard.

I met up with David and Kien at Clementi Gym.Been a long time since I trained here.Fond memories lingering on my mind.While Kien went for a short jog, I did a chest training with David.I assertively told him to try heavy weight to gain more muscle mass.He faintly said that he might not be able to do it.I said,put your mind that you're in a position to gain control over their bodies to deal with the challenges.I knew he could do it.And he did.he had me to help him push harder.No pain , no gain, right.Kien came and noticed that the weight David carried were above his 'limits'.He even said that it is not proper and correct training for him since his body composition was much smaller than me and It would be better to do step-by-step training especially for novice like him.Worse, He has that bitchy personal instructor to support him. I really wanted to blast her off.As long I know safety ( I attended the course by SSC) , there is not right or wrong procedure to achieve your dreams


I beg to differ.I think low reps are better for athletes.The stronger the muscle the less fibers that need to be recruited to do any one movement. Therefore the less the muscle will fatigue and the better the endurance.
Morever, he is a lifeguard.Having so toned and leaner ( passed off as skinny ) bods, people tend to judge by skin-deep and lose trust in his life-saving profession.So grow big.

1. GO HEAVY
The logic is pretty convincing that the more weight you use, the bigger and faster your body will grow.Use weight resistance to motivate you to lift harder and to force you to keep your body tight throughout the set. Interpret "heavy" as reaching muscle failure at a predetermined low level of repetitions

2. IF YOU'RE ABLE TO LIFT IT, THEN LIFT IT
That's the first principle of improvement. How do you otherwise breach that margin and take yourself to a higher level if you don't make the attempt? Every time you enter the gym, be prepared to try for one more rep or one more pound

3. PYRAMID YOUR SETS
Starting with a 15-rep warm-up and finishing with five reps. Add weight to each set so the point at which you reach failure progressively decreases to five reps at your last set. The first sets of an exercise should have higher repetitions in order to pump the muscles with blood for more tightness and to teach them to coordinate with each other under the stress of heavier weight. Your tightness and intensity will thereby increase with each set. A ceiling of five reps is high enough to prevent yourself from cheating, yet low enough to make sure your fifth rep is at absolute failure.

But I was wrong, David did not even serious in gaining muscle.I wondered what is his motivation to go gym.What the heck!After doing the Incline Chest press, I did my own training.Only when I need spotter, I will come to them for help.It does not pay being helpful.I could not be bothered with their ways of training. As long as I avoid overtraining. But doing overall training is considered over-training.




Inspiration




Then we had dinner at nearby hawker center.I had Thaksin Beef noodle ( good but damn spicy and hot) while david had Tom Yum noodles.Kien had a strict diet, he tried to refrain from eating outside food. Then we went to BK at Holland Village to hang out.Again, we surfed internet using ibook before we headed home at 10pm.It was considered a early time to return home.I did not feel like going clubbing.

Clubbing ruin your youth.
Clubbing waste your money
Clubbing make you a passive smoker
Clubbing cause lack of sleep
Clubbing sucks at MY age.

LINKS

My chic clubmembers of sphere  Collection of 'Must-go' blogs! Check out my beautiful friends daily happenings in their own words


Other alter (ego) journal of mine      
Links that will take you to my other sites in virtual community and world

Beautiful bloggers I grooving on Collection of another `must-go'  blogs! The bloggers I have not meet yet ( And will do one day perhaps)  . they have interesting life. Do check out 

Blogs of Entertainments        Collection of another `must-go'  blogs! They make the blogging very entertaining and funny in their own personal touch.  

Link I often surf                                  Go figure! Links to other sites which  mostly had been bookmarked. List will continue to grow  

Media whoring session

Pictures Galore

Video Galore


Chat with me online
Only available at
10pm Singapore Time

Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Esjay. Make your own badge here.

This is my Google PageRankâ„¢ - RankSE.com free service.

Who Links Here
online
now



Free Calendar from Bravenet.com Free Calendar from Bravenet.com

     

I am who I am

 

 

My guest List
I'm gonna show you that good guys don't always win, I'm gonna show you the brighter side of living in sin.So when you're six feet under, you won't wonder why, Just 'cause you got a halo don't mean that you can fly.If you thought it was over, you're way off track, You made a blunder, and...You put me back, back in business,This ain't no hit or miss, I'm gonna get my way.'Cause you put me back, back in business,You're my first witness, and I'm here to stay.I'm gonna show you good guys always finish lastSpeaking of virtue, being nice is a thing of the past.When I want something done, I'll say it with a gun.kJust 'cause you're an angel don't mean you're having fun..I just wanted to thank you for what you lack. Hope they don't hang you, 'cause...I'm coming back in style