Tuesday, January 13, 2004

Rush Hour

Getting involved with prestigious organizations will be to your advantage, Capricorn. A journey will bring pleasure and prosperity, but you may also spend lavishly on yourself and others. You are uncharacteristically open under these influences and this openness will bring warm new friendships.

I went to school to meet up with my FYP supervisor,Ass Prof Jiang San Ping at his office at 10am. My selected project is Fabrication and characterization of Membrance-electrode-Assembly (mea) for polymer Electroylte Fuel cell>HE did give me some overview of fuel cells.I was quite bored with the 15minutes conversation somehow but then I still had to show some interest in the subject.I was just saying 'ok' and 'hmm'most of the time. Actually I was directed to the PHD student as my direct supervisor instead.I was like surpised and was cool with it.On the way there, He asked me the most-asked question, 'Are you local?' ......... yawns

When we reached to fuel lab(It is an airconditioned environment), i was introduced to Mr Liu Zheng Cai.He orientated me around and told me the objective of my FYP. During our conversation, most of the time, or rather in 5sec interval, i kept saying 'huh'.I just simply did not understand his accent, hence could not make out what he said.He is from china.His pronounciation is different from us, Singaporean.

At 1pm, I went for a tan at clementi swimming pool.I never realised that i was overtanned.It was horrible now because I overdid it..arghh...Now my skin started to peel.I quickly rushed to the school to meet Hung Yong.He asked me to watch the IHG cheerleading competition.He commented on how dark I was...truly...I look damn dark more than tanned.We sat down at canteen 2 while waiting for Kailing.

THe competition started at 7.30pm and the hall D at SRC was getting packed.Anyone who attended this event would know that cheerleading has evolved. Pretty girls with attitude may have had an edge in the past, but cheerleading today is much more physically demanding, and males have been added to the mix. It's a different ballgame.I could not deny that one has to be committed to staying physically fit and obviously outgoing and with charming smile.Mistakes do happen.One of the biggest changes is the fact that a background in tumbling or gymnastics is practically a requirement. Leading the hall fight cheer or a dozen dance step doesn't cut it anymore. Crowds have come to expect the back flips, basket tosses and flier stunts that never fail to amaze. Hall 1, hall 6..namely fews meet our requirement.

Perhaps the biggest change we may notice was the number of men.More and more guys are more accepting the cheerleading more like a sport.They definitely did great jobs doing those stunts.I mean the guy throws the girl up in the air, she does a flip, and he catches her. Well, it's hard to tell exactly where they are in the middle of it. You just pray and trust that the guy will catch you. Not many guys can do that. It takes a lot of strength.....I guess there's such a competitive edge to cheerleading now.I did manag to say hi to some familiar people as well as the former hall 14 cheerleaders.

1st: Hall 1
2nd: Hall 13
3rd: Hall 14 ( Yeah)

Mascot winner: hall15 ( the polar bear) - I though the bumble bee will win cos it is funny and cute.

I went back with Kailing at 10pm.I guessed she really needed time to do some reading up on her QA material for tommorow Q & A session with her supervisor.Good luck!!

LINKS

My chic clubmembers of sphere  Collection of 'Must-go' blogs! Check out my beautiful friends daily happenings in their own words


Other alter (ego) journal of mine      
Links that will take you to my other sites in virtual community and world

Beautiful bloggers I grooving on Collection of another `must-go'  blogs! The bloggers I have not meet yet ( And will do one day perhaps)  . they have interesting life. Do check out 

Blogs of Entertainments        Collection of another `must-go'  blogs! They make the blogging very entertaining and funny in their own personal touch.  

Link I often surf                                  Go figure! Links to other sites which  mostly had been bookmarked. List will continue to grow  

Media whoring session

Pictures Galore

Video Galore


Chat with me online
Only available at
10pm Singapore Time

Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Esjay. Make your own badge here.

This is my Google PageRankâ„¢ - RankSE.com free service.

Who Links Here
online
now



Free Calendar from Bravenet.com Free Calendar from Bravenet.com

     

I am who I am

 

 

My guest List
I'm gonna show you that good guys don't always win, I'm gonna show you the brighter side of living in sin.So when you're six feet under, you won't wonder why, Just 'cause you got a halo don't mean that you can fly.If you thought it was over, you're way off track, You made a blunder, and...You put me back, back in business,This ain't no hit or miss, I'm gonna get my way.'Cause you put me back, back in business,You're my first witness, and I'm here to stay.I'm gonna show you good guys always finish lastSpeaking of virtue, being nice is a thing of the past.When I want something done, I'll say it with a gun.kJust 'cause you're an angel don't mean you're having fun..I just wanted to thank you for what you lack. Hope they don't hang you, 'cause...I'm coming back in style